It's been nearly 2 months since I've updated and I wanted to finally tune in to say that I haven't completely forgotten about this blog. Quite the opposite actually.
From the latter half of 2013, I knew this blog needed some changes. Weekly book reviews became extinct, nail polish posts were far and few between, and I could only guarantee 1 post a month (if even that).
1. to stop blogging on here entirely,
2. change things drastically.
And though I didn't like the sound of 1, I've been racking my brain for how to manage number 2.
And I'm here to announce, I have found my solution.
Here are the major changes coming to this blog starting March 2014:
- NO NEW NAIL POLISH POSTS. Yes, I realize that alienates 99% of the people who come to this blog. But hey, if I have to invest my time and energy into something, it's going to be enjoyable dammit. And seeing as I probably posted 1 or 2 notds in the latter half of 2013, it's not all that fun anymore when I'm not constantly buying new things.
- WEEKLY BOOK GENRE SPOTLIGHTS. I'm a reader of many interests. I can't singularly devote this blog to one genre. I need to do it all. So, what I thought would work best (with much credit to the boyfriend), is to focus on a different genre each week. The weekly spotlights will include a variation of book reviews/book raves, favorite author mentions, new releases, and whatever else I can see being interesting. Seeing as there is generally 4 weeks in a month, I will do 4 genre spotlights. The genres will be:
- Children's (illustrated books up to elementary/early middle school)
- Teen/YA books
- Wild Card (this will change from month to month depending on what I want to talk about)
All these changes will come into effect next month (March 2014).
I realize that these changes may not seem drastic, but it'll be a major step from where I left off last year.
I'm very much excited for this new endeavor. And I hope you choose to join me as I explore this new terrain. :)