Friday, August 24, 2012

China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy"

Although all the beautiful fall nail polish collections that have recently been released make me excited for the upcoming season, today's nail post is my attempt to hold on to the bright summer polishes for just a while longer. China Glaze's "Flip Flop Fantasy" is a neon peachy/coral from China Glaze's 2010 Poolside Collection.

(photographed: China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy")

"Flip Flop Fantasy" is a true neon. So, don't be fooled by it's inability to be photographed correctly. This color is not muted, as it may appear in the photos below. It is an extremely vibrant neon.

(photographed: China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy," 3 coats, natural lighting)

This is just one of those colors that you have to see for yourself to understand how vibrant it is.

(photographed: China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy," 3 coats, natural lighting)

The photo below is the closest representation I could capture to its true brightness.

(photographed: China Glaze "Flip Flop Fantasy," 3 coats, shade)

Pros
  • Very pretty neon for summer. I haven't see many colors exactly like this one.
  • Though neons tend to look particularly nice on tanned skin, I can't imagine this color looking bad on anyone.
  • For a neon, I would say it's surprisingly more wearable than something like China Glaze "Shocking Pink."
  • Opaque in 3 thin coats. Not too difficult to work with.
Cons
  • Because "Flip Flop Fantasy" is a neon, it dries like a neon. Throw some top coat over it if you like a glossy finish.

Final Verdict: "Flip Flop Fantasy" alongside China Glaze's "Shocking Pink" is another one of my favorite summer polishes. I love wearing it on both my fingers and toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment