Sunday, November 4, 2012

China Glaze "Ruby Pumps"

Today's nail of the day is for the polish that began my nail polish addiction, China Glaze's "Ruby Pumps."

Growing up, I was the kind of girl who painted her nails maybe once every month at the most. My view of nail polish was that there were fun shades that younger girls wore, such as bright blues and pinks, and the boring "mommy" colors that working woman tend to sport. It's was a naive point of view, but it was my point of view nonetheless. When I first laid my eyes on "Ruby Pumps" and read the name, being a Wizard of Oz fan, I was utterly taken aback by how creative nail polish brands can be with their colors. "Ruby Pumps" looks exactly like Dorothy's pumps and had a name to match! I knew I had to buy this polish. And thus began my love for China Glaze, still one of my current favorite brands, and my love for nail polish in general. 

(photographed: China Glaze "Ruby Pumps")

The perfect description for this polish really is the color of Dorothy's red slippers in The Wizard of Oz. But for those have yet to see that film, "Ruby Pumps" is a red polish with brighter red micro-glitters. The base of the polish is on the darker end of the spectrum.

(photographed: China Glaze "Ruby Pumps")

I definitely recommend enlarging the photos below. This polish can have a more modest look when viewed from a distance, but as you move your hands it's nearly impossible to not notice the micro-glitters.

(photographed: China Glaze "Ruby Pumps," 1 coat, natural lighting)

I enjoy how this polish is darker when not in direct sunlight but looks impressively eye-catching in the sun. I almost forgot to mention that this polish has an amazingly opaque formula. 1 coat covers my entire nail.

(photographed: China Glaze "Ruby Pumps," 1 coat, natural lighting)


China Glaze's "Ruby Pumps" began my nail polish obsession and is still a staple in my collection. And though "Ring in the Red" from last year's holiday collection has replaced "Ruby Pumps" as my go-to holiday red, I still continue to wear it every year. This polish never fails to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment