Thursday, December 19, 2013

2014 Book Releases I'm Excited For

While I love reading classics alongside tried-and-true favorites, it's always enjoyable to keep up with what's new in the book world. So rather than do what I did last year and provide a dry list of books I want to read in the upcoming year, I'm going to list new 2014 book releases that I'm excited for.

Some of the following books are sequels to ones I haven't even read the first installments of. That aside, sometimes I like putting off books until the release date of its sequel is nearer so I don't have to wait. So, in my mind, it's still exciting to remember these dates.

As I'm aware I have the tendency to ramble on, I'll stop here.

Links are provided (as usual). All photos are courtesy of Goodreads. Some books I mention don't have their covers and/or titles released yet.

And finally, here is my list of most highly anticipated book releases of 2014, ordered by release dates.

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine's #2)- Ransom Riggs

Expected Release Date: January 14th
Comments: I read the predecessor to this book back in 2012 and it was certainly a very odd one. Though I didn't anticipate a sequel, I won't be able to resist this one. 


This Star Won't Go Out - Esther Earl

Expected Release Date: January 28th
Comments: Many fans of TFIOS will know Esther Earl from it's dedication. This book will feature writings by Esther herself as well as others who knew her. 


The Unwritten, Vol. 8 & 9 - Mike Carey, et al.

Expected Release Dates: February 4th/July 29th
Links: Amazon Goodreads
Comments: I'm currently only up to Volume 5 of this comic series, but at the rate I'm going I'll finish the other published 2 soon. I foresee that the wait between the 8th volume and 9th volume will be a bit of a pain. 



Indistinguishable From Magic - Catherynne Valente

Expected Release Date: March 11
Comments: A collection of essays about fairytales and myths written by one of my most-enjoyed fantasy writers. A must have. I'm extremely excited for this one. 


We Were Liars - E. Lockhart

Expected Release Date: May 13th
Links: AmazonGoodreads
Comments: E. Lockhart is my queen of YA fiction. Everything I've read from her I greatly enjoy. 


The Murder Complex - Lindsey Cummings

Expected Release Date: June 10th
Comments: A debut dystopian novel from this author. Captivating title. I already consume this genre like no other. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to its release.


Landline - Rainbow Rowell


Expected Release Date: July 8th
Links: Amazon | Goodreads
Comments: Rainbow Rowell has become one of my new favorite authors. I'm unbelievably excited for anything she will write. 


Untitled (Cormoran Strike #2) - Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling)
Expected Release Date: August 1st
Link: Goodreads
Comments: A sequel to The Cuckoo's Calling?? Yes, please.


Radiance - Catherynne Valente
Expected Release Date: August 12th
Link: Goodreads
Comments: I have yet to read an adult novel written by Valente. So not only will that be a new endeavor for me, but this book is supposedly involving space, science-fiction, and mystery. I'm sold.


Untitled (All Our Yesterdays #2) - Cristin Terrill
Expected Release Date: August 14th
LinkGoodreads
Comments: I just recently purchased the first book in this series and I am beyond excited to start it. A part of me wants to wait until closer to August so I don't have to endure the 7 month wait, but I know that as soon as I receive All Our Yesterdays (#1) in the mail, I will have to begin it immediately. 


The Infinite Sea (The Fifth Wave #2) - Rick Yancey
Expected Release Date: September 16th 
LinksAmazon Goodreads
Comments: Up until more recently, the release for this book was May. Imagine my disappointment. The Fifth Wave (it's predecessor) was one of my favorite reads this year (spoiler for that upcoming post), and I'm still dying to know what happens next. 


The Rule of Thoughts (The Mortality Doctrine #2)- James Dashner
Expected Release Date: August 26th
Links: Amazon | Goodreads
Comments: I mentioned the predecessor to this book (The Eye of Minds) in my last book haul. And though I have not started it yet, I have high hopes this series will be better than The Maze Runner (which I have recently read the first installment of). 


Rooms - Lauren Oliver
Expected Release Date: Fall 2014
LinkGoodreads
Comments: Through reading many YA dystopian books, Lauren Oliver's Delirium Trilogy is among one of the better ones. All I know about Rooms right now is that its an adult book. 


The Young Elites - Marie Lu
Expected Release Date: 2014
Link: Goodreads
Comments: No, I have not finished the Legend Trilogy. The first installment was just okay. I mostly have high hopes for this book because it's the start of a new dystopian series. New beginnings are always worth giving a shot at. 


Untitled (Fairlyand #4) - Catherynne Valente
Expected Release Date: 2014
Link: Goodreads
Comments: Fairyland #3 came out at the end of 2013. I've read the first two but have yet to read the third. Knowing that there will be a fourth (and supposedly a fifth) gives me much to look forward to. 


Ice Puzzle - Catherynne Valente
Expected Release Date: 2014
Link: Goodreads
Comments: Yes, yet another Catherynne Valente book. I know nothing about this one, aside from familiarity with its author. That is enough for me to be excited. 


Untitled - John Green
Expected Release Date: none (maybe not even in 2014)
LinkGoodreads
Comments: Yeah. I don't know why I'm even mentioning this. This book appeared in John's list of books on goodreads quite a while back. Earlier this year, it listed January 2014 as its release date. Obviously, that's happening. But a girl can dream, can't she?



I'm sure as the year goes on, more release dates will be announced. But as for now, that ends this list. 
There are more book releases in 2014 that I have marked on my calender; however, these are the ones I'm most highly anticipating. 
What book releases are you looking forward to in 2014? 


No comments:

Post a Comment