Friday, June 15, 2012

NOTD: Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue"

I went a little photo-crazy with today's nail of the day: Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in "Pacific Blue." I don't know who thought having such a long name was a good idea.

(Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue")

I absolute LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this polish. It is my first go-to bright polish for summer. The formula is amazingly superb. I only used 1 coat in the photo below. However, if you're someone who likes to apply really thin coats, you will need 2.

I would say the first photo below captured the color of this polish best. Though it is not quite neon, it's bright qualities still make it hard to capture it perfectly with a camera.

(Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue," 1 coat)

(Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue," 1 coat)


(Sally Hansen "Pacific Blue," 1 coat)

You can see how much lighter the color appears in the photo above. It looks almost like a sky-blue.


Pros
  • I only needed one coat for the finish I got in those photos. Only one! This formula is one of the most opaque I've ever seen without being incredibly thick and, as a result, bubbling.
  • Amazing for summer. "Pacific Blue" has this glow-in-the-dark quality that falls short of being neon, but still incredibly eye-catching.
  • Unique. I haven't spotted another color like it. China Glaze "Secret Periwinkle" was the closest I had and it didn't even come close.
  • Sadly, I can't vouch for it's "Xtreme Wear" quality since I only keep my polishes on for about 2-3 days. However, in that time, I didn't notice any chipping. 
Cons
  •  This wasn't something that I noticed the first time I opened the bottle and used it, but ever since then, I've noticed a weird smell. It resembles a skunk's excreting liquid and is rather repulsive. Luckily, this smell doesn't really stay on your nails once you paint them. It's possible I just got a bad bottle, but I find it odd that I didn't notice such a repugnant smell my first time using it.

Final Verdict: I use to love wearing blues, but lately have been slowly drifting to greens and peaches/corals this spring. This blue has made me love blues again. It's different from the typical sky blue/aqua that I typically sport in the warmer weather, but it's brightness is what amazes me. I will be wearing this color a lot this summer!

Would you wear it?

No comments:

Post a Comment