Friday, June 8, 2012

What I Blog About When I Blog

The world is filled with numerous things to enjoy and explore, and I want to begin this blog with some things I'm obsessed with to the extent that I yearn to tell whoever is willing to listen (a little Zizek-y if you ask me).

Why Warm French Onion Soup? To put it simply, I love french onion soup. It is the ultimate comfort food. And since this blog will entail subjects that (as cliche as it may be) are near and dear to my heart, I thought it was fitting. (I credit Raymond Carver for the rest).

Therefore, in no particular order, I give you some of my favorite things:

1. Food. Cooking it, eating it, photographing it, all of it. I love trying new and different places, while at the same time, I love reordering past favorites. I'm that strange girl who sits and photographs pretty patterns in her lattes and food fresh from the kitchen.

(photographed: fresh oysters)

2. Books. Reading is one of my favorite past times. If life didn't require stepping outside the comfort of my room, I could read all day. My range of tastes is fairly wide. The only genre I single out entirely is romance. You know those books with covers depicting a steamy, erotic scene? Not my thing.

(photographed [top to bottom]: Amazon Kindle, J.D. Salinger Nine Stories, George Orwell Animal Farm, Leo Tolstoy Anna Karenina, J.R.R. The Fellowship of the Ring, Milan Kundera The Unbearable Lightness of Being, John Green The Fault In Our Stars, Herman Melville Moby Dick, Haruki Murakami What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, J.D. Salinger Franny and Zooey, John Green An Abundance of Katherines)


3. Health & Fitness. Not the same thing as food because it includes physical fitness aspect as well. I enjoy spending time looking up nutritious facts about certain foods and finding delicious ways to combine them. I'm also addicted to running.

(photographed: spring mix salad and poached egg in a lemon vinaigrette dressing)

4. Nail Polish. It is my one girly obsessions. Seeing a fresh glossy manicure on my nails always makes me smile.

(photographed: Deborah Lippmann 'Mermaids Dream')


5. Dogs. What can I say? I gush at every dog that crosses my path. It is impossible for me to be in a bad mood if I have a puppy in my arms. My dog, sadly, lacks in the super-model department.

(photographed: my dog, Snoopy)


6. Knitting. I have been in the beginning stages of knitting for the last six months or so, mostly because it's difficult to find the time to keep practicing. I do, however, have the ambitious goal to knit myself a Weasley sweater by winter!

(photographed: scarf-in-progress)


7. Writing! A good segue into a conclusion. My love of writing stemmed from my love of reading and when it comes to obsessions, I can't talk about them enough. Hopefully my list gave a good indicator about potential future updates. In the end, this is just meant to be a blog of random things that come to mind. I already have a few ideas of where to begin and I can't wait!

Til next time (:

No comments:

Post a Comment