Friday, July 20, 2012

Butter London "Teddy Girl"

Today's nail of the day is Butter London's "Teddy Girl," a perfect creamy baby pink. "Teddy Girl" reminded me a lot of Essie's "Fiji," which I have a full review of right here. "Teddy Girl," however, has more pink to it, whereas "Fiji" can look more chalky.

(photographed: Butter London "Teddy Girl")

Although it doesn't show in the photo, "Teddy Girl" had a rather streaky application. Even after 3 coats some bald spots were still showing.

(photographed: Butter London "Teddy Girl," 3 coats)

I really love that this polish, unlike "Fiji," looks pink regardless of what lighting you're under. "Fiji" has a strong white tint that makes it reflect mostly white in direct sunlight.

(photographed: Butter London "Teddy Girl," 3 coats)


Pros
  • Cute! It's a perfect baby pink color.
  • Doesn't lean too cool or too warm making it suitable for a variety of skin tones.
  • Work appropriate.
Cons
  • Streaky formula. Even after 3 coats there were some bald spots.
  • Butter London polishes run at a steeper price of $14.

Final Verdict: The formula for "Teddy Girl" can be a bit streaky, but nothing extra coats doesn't fix easily. Despite this, "Teddy Girl" is my new favorite baby pink (and possibly favorite pink in general).

4 comments:

  1. The finish looks really glossy in your photos. Could be the Seche Vite but I'm adding this color to my list...:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely the top coat, but I haven't used Seche Vite for a while now. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri has been my favorite for the past year.

      Delete
  2. I'm looking for a new top coat. My UV Gloss is running low...(I have to apply two coats for that shine, but I do enjoy the formula.) I've tried Seche Vite, Avon UV Gloss and Diamond Dry. I actually enjoy Sally Beauty Supply's Diamond Dry. Can't tell you how many false heart attacks I had when I would accidentally nudge the wet top coat only to discover no dent/smudge/reason for heart break.

    Sally Hansen Insta-Dri better than Seche Vite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's gives me the same gloss that I liked about the Seche Vite, but Seche Vite has a tendency to become almost a solid consistency when I'm only half way through the bottle. It was just a waste of money so I opted for Sally Hansen Insta-Dri and I'm much happier with it.

      Delete