Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Essie "Fiji"

Today's notd is Essie's "Fiji," a cool baby pink. Though I am a nail polish fanantic, I own the least amount of pinks and reds. Even though "Fiji" is slightly cooler than what I prefer for my skin tone, my hands feel elegant whenever I put this color on.

(photographed: Essie "Fiji")
In the sunlight, the stark tones of "Fiji" really stand out.


(photographed: Essie "Fiji," 3 - 4 coats, outdoors)

The baby pink color is much more noticeable when not in direct sunlight.

(photographed: Essie "Fiji," 3 - 4 coats, shade)

Pros
  • Pretty color that makes my hands feel very elegant and girly.
  • Despite it's cool white tint, I still believe this color would be appropriate for the workplace.

Cons
  • Streaky polish that required 3 to 4 coats on most fingers to achieve opacity.
  • Slightly too cool for my skin tone. I imagine this to look beautiful on someone with cooler tones.


Final Verdict: Essie "Fiji," though not an original color, is pretty nonetheless. And though the formula is streaky, 3 to 4 coats isn't asking too much of me. My only gripe about this color is the fact that it is slightly too cool for my skin tone. For this reason, I don't wear this color as much as my current favorite pink, OPI "Bubble Bath."

2 comments:

  1. Very feminine and pretty! (I think I'm officially biased, no nail color looks wrong on you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still really enjoy this. There are worse colors on me. That just means I don't wear them often enough to photograph.

      Delete