|(photographed: Butter London "Slapper")|
Slapper is such a unique color that falls short of fitting in any one category. It is incredibly bright when worn outdoors, but is far from being neon. And though the polish may belong in the "creme" category, something about the finish seems like a cross between a creme and a jelly. Lastly, "Slapper" is neither teal nor turquoise, but a hybrid of the two. The turquoise aspect of the color is much more apparent in person. There is much more green to this color than meets the camera lens.
|(photographed: Butter London "Slapper," 2 coats, shade)|
|(photographed: Butter London "Slapper," 2 coats, direct sunlight)|
- Bright color, perfect for summer.
- Unique. I have yet to find any color that even comes close in resemblance.
- Could work with a variety of skin tones. The only people I can imagine this polish not looking good on is those who tend to have strong red-tones. The green tones in this polish could possibly give you that "lobster hand" effect.
- Completely opaque in two coats.
- Butter London retails at $14, which is relatively higher than other brands that have great quality and color selections. I never buy Butter London at full price though. So wait for an online deal, or for an Ulta coupon!
Final Verdict: I'm the kind of girl who loves wearing neon on her toes, but is wary of wearing a color so blinding on her hands. For my fingers, I'm a bigger fan of bright colors that fall short of being in the "neon" category, and this color is no exception. Butter London "Slapper" is a unique, bright color that I will wear often throughout summer. Getting it for $11.27 with a coupon (compared to the original $14) is just a bonus!