Monday, April 8, 2013

NOTD: Essie "Sand Tropez" + Revlon "Heavenly"

I was in the mood for a glitter manicure, but something more subtle and wearable. I think I found the right balance with Essie's "Sand Tropez" and Revlon's "Heavenly."


Essie's "Sand Tropez" is a beige nude that is not only one of my favorite nude polishes, but one of my all-time favorite polishes. And even though I have about 3 polishes in my favorite nude polishes category that I rotate, "Sand Tropez" is the most used. The formula, though normally amazing and opaque in 2 coats, is beginning to get goopy since I've used more than half the bottle.

Revlon "Heavenly" is a polish I'm excited to have because I have wanted Deborah Lippmann's "Stairway to Heaven" for a long time. Unfortunately, I don't have the DL polish to compare, but either way, "Heavenly" is a beautiful iridescent glitter in a clear base. It has just the right density of glitter and is easy to apply. I'll do a comparison with China Glaze's "Snow Globe" and link when I post it.

(2 coats Essie "Sand Tropez," 1 coat Revlon "Heavenly")

(2 coats Essie "Sand Tropez," 1 coat Revlon "Heavenly")

I am quite enjoying this combination. The glitters aren't too insanely over the top, and even then the beige nude helps tone down the look a lot. Fun combination. (:

What's on your nails?

1 comment:

  1. i really find this chic and beautiful. very light, fun combination! this has swayed me into using glitter for my next nail look.

    ReplyDelete